An enhanced disclosure contains the following information:
- All convictions both current and past,
- Cautions, reprimands and warnings help on the police national computer for England and Wales,
- Relevant convictions in Scotland and Northern Ireland may be included,
- Checks against the Children’s and Vulnerable adults barring list,
- Additional checks for relevant information held by the local police forces for the position being applied for.
Positions involving work with children and vulnerable adults normally require an enhanced disclosure, this is to make sure that the person applying doesn’t present a risk to children and vulnerable adults.
Enhanced Disclosures take an average of 10 days from submission however this varies depending on the time of year as the DBS are subject to seasonal peaks.